Million Miler™ program
Fly a million miles and earn special benefits
It's a special honor to be recognized with Million Miler™ status, and it is our pleasure to reward such loyalty with the AAdvantage Million Miler™ program. Miles earned toward Million Miler™ status are based on the distance of your flight for travel on American marketed flights or the base miles earned for travel on eligible partner marketed flights.
When you reach Million Miler™ status, your benefits include:
At one million miles:
- AAdvantage Gold® status for the life of the program
- 35,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles*
At two million miles:
- AAdvantage Platinum® status for the life of the program
- Four one-way systemwide upgrades
At each additional million miles:
Four additional one-way systemwide upgrades
*AAdvantage® bonus miles can be redeemed for flights, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards at aa.com/Redeem.
Track your Million Miler™ activity
Log in to your AAdvantage® account to track your Million Miler™ activity. You'll find it by selecting Activity from the menu.
What does lifetime AAdvantage Platinum® and lifetime AAdvantage Gold® status mean for me?
For the life of the AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® programs, you will continue to enjoy the rewards and recognition of that AAdvantage® level regardless of your AAdvantage® status-qualifying activity.
Which miles will count for the AAdvantage Million Miler™ program?
Flight distance on American marketed flights or the base miles earned for travel on eligible partner marketed flights will count toward AAdvantage Million Miler™ status.
How can I track my progress toward reaching Million Miler™ status?
Track your progress toward Million Miler™ status in your AAdvantage® account.
- Only base miles earned by flying on American Airlines, American Eagle® or any eligible AAdvantage® program participating airline will count toward AAdvantage Million Miler™ status; AAdvantage® bonus miles and additional miles earned through special promotional offers will not count toward Million Miler™ status.
- Upon earning one million (1,000,000) Million Miler™ miles, AAdvantage® members will be vested with AAdvantage Gold® status for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold® program and 35,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles. AAdvantage® bonus miles do not count toward qualifying for AAdvantage® status or the Million Miler™ program.
- Upon earning two million (2,000,000) Million Miler™ miles, AAdvantage® members will be vested with AAdvantage Platinum® status for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Platinum® program and four one-way systemwide upgrades.
- At each additional AAdvantage Million Miler™ mark, AAdvantage® members will receive four additional one-way systemwide upgrades.
- AAdvantage® status and bonus miles are non-transferable.
- AAdvantage® miles referred to are not actual miles, but represent credits in the AAdvantage® program. There is no cash value equivalent.
- American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage Million Miler™ program at any time without notice.
- American Airlines, AAdvantage®, AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum® and Million Miler™ are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
- AAdvantage Gold®, AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro®, Platinum Pro® and AAdvantage Executive Platinum® are registered trademarks globally.