We cannot accept liability for:
- Items not packed properly
- Loss, damage or delay due to a security search led by local, state or federal agencies
- Missing items inside a checked bag if the bag isn't delayed or damaged
- Items excluded from liability*
*Excess valuation insurance isn't available for these items
Liability for loss, delay or damage to bags is limited to $3,500.
Liability limitations for domestic travel are governed by our Conditions of Carriage. See the complete list of conditions online or write to:
Customer Relations Department
P. O. Box 619612, MD 2400
DFW Airport, TX USA 75261-9612
Based on the Montreal Convention and applicable international tariffs, liability limitations for international travel are 1,288 Special Drawing Rights (SDR) per ticketed passenger.
SDR is an International Monetary Fund unit of currency. SDR's will be converted to U.S. Dollars using the rate in effect on the mishandled bag settlement date.
If you’re traveling with items worth more than the bag liability limitations, you can buy additional insurance for checked bags at the ticket counter.
Our excess valuation insurance guidelines are:
- Lost bags are covered; damage to bags or contents is not
- Insurance must be purchased for each carrier listed on your itinerary
- If you buy insurance from multiple carriers, you must claim your bags at the connecting airport and recheck and insure the bags with the next carrier
- Not available at Skycaps
How much does it cost?
- $5 for every $100 worth of checked bags
- The total valuation of checked bags cannot exceed $5,000 per passenger
- Limit includes the standard bag liability allowance + any excess valuation insurance